Tips: Getting a Suspicious Dog to Try Nutrocept
What? Your dog is one of the few who doesn't take to Nutrocept immediately? That's too bad! Most dogs gobble it like a treat. Nutrocept is made with such quality ingredients and addresses so many areas of health, that we really want your dogs to have every chance to enjoy it. We have lots of ideas about things to try.
First, keep in mind that some dogs are just plain suspicious of new tastes. When a dog really loves their food already, to suddenly sprinkle something different changes the smell and the taste. Here are some tips to use to offer your dog the option of enjoying Nutrocept. In the vast majority of cases, one of these will help!
- Start with a tiny amount of Nutrocept at first, and work up to their recommended daily dose over the course of days or even weeks. Sometimes they just need to gradually be introduced to the new flavor.
- Try using Nutrocept on just a small section of the food, in the same bowl. You can try this using Nutrocept as a dry sprinkle or as a broth drizzled on the food.
- Mix Nutrocept with a little water to make a broth and put it in a bowl or saucer next to the food bowl.
- Associate Nutrocept with their favorite treat! First, offer the treat, then offer Nutrocept powder (many dogs will lick it off your hand!), then offer another of their favorite treats.
- If your dog ever gets something irresistible like a chicken broth, mix a small amount of Nutrocept into it, and give a tiny taste first. They'll usually go through it easily and associate the little change with their special treat.
You may want to try some of the above and see if your dog will get the taste for it. Almost without exception, they do.